COMPELLED BY PURPOSE
“My internal temperature should create my external climate.”
“We were created with a function for a greater purpose. Anything outside of that function is dysfunction.”
"Unfulfillment comes down to the fact that you're not being filled.”
Compelled by Purpose
NOTES & THOUGHTS
We were created with functionality in mind.
- Ephesians 2:10, “For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.” (NKJV)
- We must be careful not to exalt the design over the function.
It would be a partial truth to believe that the fruit of the Spirit only refers to our internal reality.
- Galatians 5:25, “If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.” (NKJV)
- The fruit of the Spirit is not solely meant to be a feeling or emotion that we hold in our hearts and our minds, but rather it demands a practical expression.
We were designed for practical use.
- Living outside of your function/purpose is dysfunction.
- The enemy desires to take your contribution and twist it so that you are the opposite of what you were created for.
The quality of having a practical use
The quality of being functional
The particular use or set of uses for which something is designed
“Bless the Lord, O my soul; And all that is within me, bless His holy name!”
Inside of every human being God placed within them ability to function as a vessel.
- What is the purpose of a vessel? To hold, to transfer, to carry, to convey. Its purpose is to receive and distribute.
What’s inside of you will determine what you transfer.
- 2 Corinthians 4:7, “But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us.” (NKJV)
It’s interesting how the Word portrays God’s children in a large sense as a body, and in an individualized sense as a vessel.
- So how was life designed to flow in and through Kingdom Community?
- What does it look like to steward our vessel well?
- God designed us to be full. How then, do we stay filled?
This post features only a portion of highlights from this power-packed message. Dive deeper into its contents and receive further revelation by tuning in to this full message by Pastor Joel Hilton.