EP60: Lesson Learned
James 1:16-17, “Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.” (NKJV)
Matthew 7:9-11, “Or what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent? If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!” (NKJV)
John 10:10, “The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.” (NKJV)
Romans 8:28, “And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.” (NKJV)
- What are the two essential characteristics of God revealed in James 1:17?
- Why is it important to know where your “packages” come from?
- Every situation we face has the power to shape us. How can we as believers press into God’s good nature to shape our view of our circumstances? Why is that a crucial part of a believer’s journey?
- Why could Paul boldly declare that he could do all things?
- What are some of the lessons you’ve learned through pain and lack? Have those lessons modeled you more into the image of God? If so, why or why not?
Look at the “packages” that you’ve received in your life. Whose name is written on them? If they have the name of the enemy on them, reject them as “packages” that aren’t from the Lord.
James 4:7, “Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.” (NKJV)
Ask the Lord to reveal His good nature in those situations.
Good Good Father
by Bethel Music
Goodness of God
by Vertical Worship
By Patt Barrett
APPLE PODCASTS | GOOGLE PODCASTS | SPOTIFY | BREAKER | POCKET CASTS | RADIOPUBLIC | OVERCAST | STITCHER | RSS