Proverbs 27:6, “Faithful are the wounds of a friend [who corrects out of love and concern], But the kisses of an enemy are deceitful [because they serve his hidden agenda].” (AMP)
1 John 4:17-18, “Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world. There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.” (KJV)
1 John 4:17, “In this [union and fellowship with Him], love is completed and perfected with us,….” (AMP)
2 Timothy 1:7, “For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.” (NLT)
Colossians 3:13-14, “Make allowance for each other’s faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others. Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds us all together in perfect harmony.” (NLT)
Galatians 5:22-23, “But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!” (NLT)
- Why does true love require confrontation? (Proverbs 27:5)
- Why is fear itself torment?
- Why do fear and love repel one another? How can fear be an indicator of your love level?
- Since perfect love casts out fear, describe the type of attitude we need to confront fear in our lives.
- According to Scripture, how is perfect love experienced and felt? Does this challenge any previous notions you had concerning love?
- Why do we still experience fear when perfect love casts out fear? (1 John 4:17)
- How has this devotion challenged you to confront fear in your life?
Fear and love have their own separate languages.
When confronted with a difficult situation, ask yourself, “Am I hearing the language of love or of fear?”
If it is fear, challenge those thoughts and choose to run into the perfect presence of love.
by Cory Asbury
HOW DEEP THE FATHER’S LOVE FOR US
by AUSTIN STONE WORSHIP
GOODNESS OF GOD
By JENN JOHNSON