EP43: God's Go-To Phrase
Isaiah 55:11, “…so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.” (NIV)
Jeremiah 1:12, “The Lord said to me, “You have seen correctly, for I am watching to see that my word is fulfilled.” (NIV)
Hebrews 6:18, “So God has given both his promise and his oath. These two things are unchangeable because it is impossible for God to lie. Therefore, we who have fled to him for refuge can have great confidence as we hold to the hope that lies before us.” (NLT)
Joshua 1:5, “No man shall be able to stand before you all the days of your life; as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you nor forsake you.” (NKJV)
Joshua 1:9, “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” (NKJV)
- Do you have a go-to phrase? If so, what is it and why do you think you always say it? Is it hopeful or hopeless? Is it rooted in faith or full of fear?
- How do you know if the confessions you make are founded in faith?
- Explain the type of confidence it gives you as a believer to know that God takes special interest in His Word coming to pass?
- Write down a few benefits that come with the fact that God is always with you.
- God’s presence was not just to comfort His servant, but to empower them to fulfill their ordained purpose. Reflect on a time when you felt the presence of God empowering you. How did it impact you?
Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal 3 truths in His Word that you can begin to speak over yourself. Write them down and commit to saying them until they become your go-to phrases. Don’t just say them out of habit; say them with faith.
DO IT AGAIN
by Elevation Worship
INTO FAITH I GO
by PAT BARRETT
DANCING ON THE WAVES
By We The Kingdom
APPLE PODCASTS | GOOGLE PODCASTS | SPOTIFY | BREAKER | POCKET CASTS | RADIOPUBLIC | OVERCAST | STITCHER | RSS