2 Corinthians 5:5-7, “Now He who has made us and prepared us for this very purpose is God, who gave us the [Holy] Spirit as a pledge [a guarantee, a down payment on the fulfillment of His promise]. So then, being always filled with good courage and confident hope, and knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord—for we walk by faith, not by sight [living our lives in a manner consistent with our confident belief in God’s promises]” (AMP)
Psalms 56:3, “But when I am afraid, I will put my trust in you.” (NLT)
2 Timothy 1:6-7, “This is why I remind you to fan into flames the spiritual gift God gave you when I laid my hands on you. For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.” (NLT)
Deuteronomy 31:6, “So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the Lord your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you.” (NLT)
Galatians 5:22-23, “But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!” (NLT)
- Write down a few things that stir bravery within you.
- What are some ways that you express bravery in your life?
- Was there a time when God led you past your comfort level? Reflect on that experience. Write down some of the things the Lord taught you through it.
- According to 2 Corinthians 5:5-7, what is the reason for our good courage and confident hope?
- Why do you think courage is cultivated in the soil of trust?
Run to the Father
by Cody Carnes
you make me brave
by bethel music
The Father’s House
BY Cory Asbury