EP34: The Blame Game
Ephesians 5:15-16, “So be very careful how you live, not being like those with no understanding, but live honorably with true wisdom, for we are living in evil times. Take full advantage of every day as you spend your life for his purposes.” (TPT)
Ephesians 5:16, “Make the most of every opportunity in these evil days.” (NLT)
Philippians 4:11-13, “Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things, I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” (NKJV)
Philippians 4:13, “I am self-sufficient in Christ’s sufficiency; I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him who infuses me with inner strength and confident peace” (AMP)
Ephesians 4:31-32, “Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.” (NIV)
Proverbs 21:2, “People may be right in their own eyes, but the Lord examines their heart.” (NLT)
- Every situation we face becomes an opportunity to do something. Choose a situation that you are facing and write down 3 things you can do to bring kingdom transformation.
- Why do you think scripture instructs us to take full advantage of every opportunity? (Ephesians 5:16)
- Why does blame weaken our resolve?
- Explain why your power is tied to your responsibility?
- Read Philippians Chapter 4 and write down all the ways Paul learned to be content (independent from external circumstances).
Is there a situation in your life where you surrendered your power over to blame? Take time this week to press into the heart of God for your current situation. Welcome His perspective into your heart and mind. Allow His Word to cleanse you from any bitterness or resentment. Now, with this new found freedom, take the power you have been given and seize your moment. Bring the life of the Kingdom into your situation.
more than conquerors
by REND COLLECTIVE
raise a hallelujah
by bethel music
whom shall i fear
BY CHRIS TOMLIN
APPLE PODCASTS | GOOGLE PODCASTS | SPOTIFY | BREAKER | POCKET CASTS | RADIOPUBLIC | OVERCAST | STITCHER | RSS