Hebrews 12:1-2, “Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith.” (NIV)
Colossians 3:15, “Let the peace of Christ [the inner calm of one who walks daily with Him] be the controlling factor in your hearts [deciding and settling questions that arise]. To this peace indeed you were called as members in one body [of believers]. And be thankful [to God always].” (AMP)
Matthew 28:18-20, “Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” (NIV)
Matthew 5:14, “Your lives light up the world. Let others see your light from a distance, for how can you hide a city that stands on a hilltop?” (TPT)
Proverbs 25:25, “Like cold water to a weary soul is good news from a distant land.” (NIV)
- Why do you think it is so easy to get caught up in the fake news cycle rather than being immersed in the good news?
- List 5 ways that you can practically fix your eyes on Jesus?
- What does it mean to view the world through the lens of Christ?
- Harry Truman once said, “Some questions cannot be answered, but they can be decided.” Explain in your own words what this means and how can you apply it to your life?
- Describe the life of a believer whose heart is controlled by the peace of God. How does he/she respond and interact with a chaotic world?
- In two words, what does it mean to be the light of the world?
Take a week off of any media that stirs fear or anger. During this time of much needed rest, use this time to feast on the Good News of the Kingdom of God. Invite the voice of God to recalibrate your heart so that His peace is the controlling force in your life. Finally, share the Good News with the world around you!
RESCUER (GOOD NEWS)
by REND COLLECTIVE
TURN YOUR EYES
BY LAUREN DAIGLE