Proverbs 18:21, “Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.” (KJV)
Proverbs 18:21, “Death and life are in the power of the tongue, And those who love it and indulge it will eat its fruit and bear the consequences of their words.” (AMP)
Luke 6:45, “A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart brings forth evil. For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.” (NKJV)
Psalm 19:14, “Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart. Be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer. (NKJV)
Psalm 141:3, “Set a guard, O Lord, over my mouth; Keep watch over the door of my lips.” (NKJV)
Proverbs 12:14, “Wise words bring many benefits, and hard work brings rewards.” (NLT)
Ephesians 4:29, “Don’t use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them.” (NLT)
1 Peter 3:10, “For the Scriptures say, “If you want to enjoy life and see many happy days, keep your tongue from speaking evil and your lips from telling lies.” (NLT)
- Name a few benefits of stewarding the tongue.
- According to this episode, what was God’s original intent for the tongue and why is this truth important to understand?
- Explain why your ability is always tied to your responsibility?
- Describe an example in your life where you allowed your tongue to empower death and how did you experience the consequence of those words?
- Scripture teaches us that out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. Explain how this truth is connected to controlling/stewarding the power of the tongue?
Think of a few areas in your life where you would like to see further empowerment. Now, through Scripture and the impartation of the Holy Spirit, begin to write down statements that you can speak over those areas. Commit time to speaking these truths during your week.
YES I WILL
by VERTICAL WORSHIP
by ELEVATION WORSHIP
GRAVES INTO GARDENS
BY BRANDON LAKE