1 Corinthians 12:17-19, “Think of it this way. If the whole body were just an eyeball, how could it hear sounds? And if the whole body were just an ear, how could it smell different fragrances? But God has carefully designed each member and placed it in the body to function as he desires. A diversity is required, for if the body consisted of one single part, there wouldn’t be a body at all!” (TPT)
Ephesians 1:4, “Just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love…” (NKJV)
Ephesians 4:7, “And he has generously given each one of us supernatural grace, according to the size of the gift of Christ.” (TPT)
Romans 12:2, “Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.” (NLT)
1 Peter 2:9, “But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;” (NKJV)
- Write down/share a time in your life where you felt the need to change something about yourself in order to fit in. How did that negatively affect you?
- What are the dangers of comparison and how do you avoid them?
- Why is diversity necessary to be the functioning Body of Christ?
- Explain why you cannot separate your calling from your identity.
- Why do you think we honor our Creator by walking in the fullness of our identity?
Unlock your unique contribution.
Take this next week and ask the Lord to reveal to you what makes you unique. Allow your times with the Lord to be a chance for Him to impart destiny and identity.
During this time, jot down scenarios in which you can express your contribution. Ask for wisdom for timing, place, and people.
CHILDREN OF LIGHT
YOU MAKE ME BRAVE
by BETHEL MUSIC
BY BETHEL MUSIC