Exodus 33:15, “Then Moses said, “If you don’t personally go with us, don’t make us leave this place.” (NLT)
Philippians 3:8, “Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ.” (NLT)
Colossians 2:6-7, “And now, just as you accepted Christ Jesus as your Lord, you must continue to follow him. Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness.” (NLT)
John 15:5, “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.” (NIV)
2 Corinthians 5:5, “Now He who has made us and prepared us for this very purpose is God, who gave us the [Holy] Spirit as a pledge [a guarantee, a down payment on the fulfillment of His promise].” (AMP)
Acts 17:25-27, “And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything. Rather, he himself gives everyone life and breath and everything else…. God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us.’ (NIV)
- Why do you think Moses was unwilling to enter into the promised land without God’s assurance that He would go with them? Exodus 33:15, “Then Moses said, “If you don’t personally go with us, don’t make us leave this place.” (NLT)
- Can you think of a time in your life where you pursued personal calling over intimate fellowship with Christ? What were the consequences of that choice?
- Explain why it is important to understand that accepting Christ’s salvation is just the first step towards our eternal life with Him? Colossians 2:6, “And now, just as you accepted Christ Jesus as your Lord, you must continue to follow him.” (NLT)
- Why is it impossible to fake or perform true intimacy with God?
- According to this episode, what was Jesus referring to when He said, “Apart from me you can do nothing.”
- What is the foundation of fulfilled promises? (2 Corinthians 5:5)
- What is the difference between a goal-oriented and a relationally-oriented mentality? Explain how each one affects your perception towards the fruit of your life?
Write down five things that you believe you’ve been personally called to. Now ask the Holy Spirit to reveal to you if you have been trying to accomplish any one of those five things outside of fellowship.
If yes, take some time to repent and allow the Holy Spirit to prune anything that would hinder connection and fellowship. Now ask the Holy Spirit to reveal to you a new way of thinking about your personal calling.
NO FEAR IN LOVE
by JEREMY RIDDLE
CHRIST BE MAGNIFIED
by CODY CARNES
BY CORY ASBURY