EP20: LIVING GENEROUSLY
2 Samuel 24:24, “But the king replied to Araunah, “No, I insist on buying it, for I will not present burnt offerings to the Lord my God that have cost me nothing.” So David paid him fifty pieces of silver for the threshing floor and the oxen.” (NLT)
Philippians 4:19, “But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” (KJV)
Proverbs 11:24-25, “Generosity brings prosperity, but withholding from charity brings poverty. Those who live to bless others will have blessings heaped upon them, and the one who pours out his life to pour out blessings will be saturated with favor.” (TPT)
John 3:16, “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” (NKJV)
John 10:10, “The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.” (NKJV)
James 1:16-17, “Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.” (NKJV)
- What do boundaries allow you to do?
- Why are boundaries necessary if you are going to live generously?
- If you are going to live generously you need to stay connected to the source of life. Explain why that is.
- What are the basics for creating boundaries?
- Should boundaries remove sacrifice from your life? Why or why not?
- What is the full context of Philippians 4:19 when Paul declared, “my God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus”?
Boundaries are necessary if we plan to live generously. Take some time this week and begin to establish the basics of your boundaries. What are your yes’s and no’s? Having these set in place ahead of time allows us to create postures and habits of openhanded living and generosity. Remember, we don’t create boundaries to remove sacrifice from our lives. When God speaks, His boundaries become our boundaries.
by VINTAGE WORSHIP
LIVE LIKE YOU’RE LOVED
by Hawk Nelson
STIR A PASSION
BY WORSHIP CENTRAL
APPLE PODCASTS | GOOGLE PODCASTS | SPOTIFY | BREAKER | POCKET CASTS | RADIOPUBLIC | OVERCAST | STITCHER | RSS