Philippians 4:11-13, “Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” (NKJV)
Philippians 4:4-9, “Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you.” (NKJV)
John 4:14, “But whoever drinks the water that I give him will never be thirsty again. But the water that I give him will become in him a spring of water [satisfying his thirst for God] welling up [continually flowing, bubbling within him] to eternal life.” (AMP)
John 14:16, “And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever…” (NKJV)
Hebrews 13:5, “Let your character or moral disposition be free from love of money [including greed, avarice, lust, and craving for earthly possessions] and be satisfied with your present [circumstances and with what you have]; for He [God] Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. [I will] not, [I will] not, [I will] not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor let [you] down (relax My hold on you)! [Assuredly not!]
ASSESS & ACTIVATE
- Have you been experiencing anxiety or worry? If so, write down one or more truths from this devotional that brought freedom to your soul.
- What does it mean when Paul said that he learned in whatever state he was in to be content?
- Why is it important to understand that true abundance is not the excess of possessions, but rather true abundance is in the person of Jesus?
- Which one of the steps that Paul took to walk out contentment challenged you the most and why?
- Why is co-laboring with Christ essential to experiencing His presence of peace? What does God promise you if you co-labor with Him (Philippians 4:7) and why is this promise so exciting?
- What is the connection between Paul’s instruction to meditate on these things and having freedom from worry and anxiety? (Philippians 4:4-9)
- Write down all the steps in Philippians 4:4-9 that Paul took to walk out his contentment. Highlight one or more steps that you feel you need to emphasize more in your life. Now ask the Holy Spirit for revelation and wisdom to implement these steps.
CHRIST IS ENOUGH
by HILLSONG WORSHIP
by WORSHIP CENTRAL
BY VICTORY WORSHIP