1 John 4:18, “Love never brings fear, for fear is always related to punishment. But love’s perfection drives the fear of punishment far from our hearts. Whoever walks constantly afraid of punishment has not reached love’s perfection.” (TPT)
James 4:7, “Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.” (NIV)
Proverbs 23:7, “For as he thinks in his heart, so is he….” (NKJV)
Proverbs 4:23, “Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life.” (NLT)
Mark 12:30-31, “And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength.’ The second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ No other commandment is greater than these.” (NLT)
ASSESS & ACTIVATE
- According to Dr. Melodye, what does it mean to be created in love?
- Why is it important to be aware of the source of your decisions?
- What is the second level of fear and what are some of its signs?
- Explain the connection between the heart and the mind?
- When we abide in God’s love for us it affects the way we treat those around us. Why is that? (Mark 12:30-31)
- What is the third level of fear and what are the signs of it?
- Write down 5 ways to saturate yourself with truth.
- Why is consistency necessary in confronting fear?
- Write down the tips that were given at the end of the episode that help you confront fear in your life.
- We know that perfect love casts out fear. Take some time today to connect with God and ask Him for a deeper revelation of His love for you. Write down some truth statements that you receive through His Word, spoken or written. Begin to speak these truths over your life in the coming weeks. (Remember, consistency is important.)