2 Timothy 1:7, “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.” (NKJV)
1 John 4:18, “Love never brings fear, for fear is always related to punishment. But love’s perfection drives the fear of punishment far from our hearts. Whoever walks constantly afraid of punishment has not reached love’s perfection.” (TPT)
Galatians 1:10, “Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.” (NIV)
Jeremiah 1:8, “Do not be afraid of their faces, For I am with you to deliver you,” says the Lord.” (NKJV)
Proverbs 29:25, “The fear of man brings a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord shall be safe.” (NKJV)
ASSESS & ACTIVATE
- According to 2 Timothy 1:7, what is the source of fear and what are the characteristics of the Spirit we’ve been given?
- What are the two basic kinds of fears that we all experience? Explain their differences.
- What are some of the signs of an ego-driven fear? Jot down one or two examples of how you’ve experienced this kind of fear in your life.
- What is the first level of fear and how does it affect our lives?
- Take some time to repent for any areas within your life that you have allowed fear to control you. Now ask the Holy Spirit to pour out His perfect love to heal any broken parts that have been affected by fear. Ask Him for His wrap-around presence to remind you that He has given you a spirit of power, love, and a sound mind, leaving no more room for fear.
FEAR IS A LIAR
by ZACH WILLIAMS
GOD OF ANGEL ARMIES
by CHRIS TOMLIN
NO LONGER SLAVES
BY BETHEL MUSIC