Psalms 110:4, “Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, And into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.” (NKJV)
Psalms 50:23, “He who offers a sacrifice of praise and thanksgiving honors Me; And to him who orders his way rightly [who follows the way that I show him], I shall show the salvation of God.” (AMP)
Psalms 27:1, “The LORD is my light and my salvation—so why should I be afraid? The LORD is my fortress, protecting me from danger, so why should I tremble?” (NLT)
Psalms 127:1-2, “Unless the Lord builds the house, they labor in vain who build it; Unless the Lord guards the city, The watchman keeps awake in vain. It is vain for you to rise early, to retire late, to eat the bread of anxious labors— For He gives [blessings] to His beloved even in his sleep.” (AMP)
Psalms 16:7, “I will bless the LORD who guides me; even at night my heart instructs me.” (NLT)
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, “Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. Do not quench the Spirit.” (NKJV)
Proverbs 4:23, “Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.” (NIV)
Proverbs 17:22, “A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit saps a person’s strength.” (NLT)
ASSESS & ACTIVATE
- Why does thankfulness provide protection?
- What are the two benefits of having “windows” in the architecture of a thankful heart?
- Why do you think light and salvation are coupled together in Scripture?
- When you are thankful, you can rest assured that God is working on your behalf even while you sleep. Why do you think that is?
- According to 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, what are three ways to strengthen our connection with the Holy Spirit?
- Being thankful protects our whole being by removing and filtering out contaminants. Write down some areas in your heart that you can clean up by being thankful.
Father, Your Word says that unless You build the house, my labors are in vain. I choose to submit to the work of the Holy Spirit in me. It is only by your empowerment that I can rejoice always, pray without ceasing, and give thanks in all things. Father, I thank You for the protection and wisdom that You offer me through thanksgiving. Why would I worry one minute when I can thank You for Your faithful promises that are already on the way.
by NORTH POINT
THANK YOU JESUS
by HILLSONG WORSHIP
LET THERE BE LIGHT
BY BRYAN & KATIE TORWALT