1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, “Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” (NKJV)
1 Corinthians 5:17, “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.” (NKJV)
Colossians 2:6-7, “And now, just as you accepted Christ Jesus as your Lord, you must continue to follow him. Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness.” (NLT)
Philippians 2:13, “For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him…” (NLT)
ASSESS & ACTIVATE
- According to 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, what is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus?
- What is the foundation to a thankful heart and why is this important?
- What are some differences between God’s will for you to become and His will for you to do?
- (Fill in the blank) When our reality is hell, we must align our _____________________.
- How is it possible to rejoice always, pray without ceasing, and give thanks in all things? What is the level ground on which we lay our foundation of thankfulness?
- Being thankful starts with a choice, but through consistency it can become a part of our expressed nature. What are some of the benefits of thankfulness becoming a part of our expressed nature?
- Take some time to meditate on Colossians 2:6-7. Write down what the Holy Spirit reveals to you through this Scripture.
Father, Your Word declares that you are working in me, giving me the desire and the power to do what pleases You. I choose to partner with this work by inclining my ear to Your Word. I trust that You know what is best for me and that it is GOOD. Because of this, I choose to be thankful in all things. Your will and Your way are the only firm foundation that I can build my life upon. I firmly press the seed of my life into the good soil of Your will. I know that Your harvest in me will not only bless me, but also the world around me.
by ELEVATION WORSHIP
ENTER THE GATES
by BRYAN & KATIE TORWALT
BY CHRIS TOMLIN