EP10: COMMON MISCONCEPTIONS ABOUT FAITH
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST: APPLE PODCASTS | GOOGLE PODCASTS | SPOTIFY | BREAKER | POCKET CASTS | RADIOPUBLIC | OVERCAST | STITCHER | RSS
Psalms 121:2-5, “My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth! He will not let you stumble; the one who watches over you will not slumber. Indeed, he who watches over Israel never slumbers or sleeps. The Lord himself watches over you! The Lord stands beside you as your protective shade.” (NLT)
Romans 5:8, “But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” (NKJV)
John 3:16, “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” (NKJV)
John 14:6, “Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” (NIV)
Philippians 2:13, “For it is [not your strength, but it is] God who is effectively at work in you, both to will and to work [that is, strengthening, energizing, and creating in you the longing and the ability to fulfill your purpose] for His good pleasure.” (AMP)
Acts 17:24-25, “He is the God who made the world and everything in it. Since he is Lord of heaven and earth, he doesn’t live in man-made temples, and human hands can’t serve his needs—for he has no needs. He himself gives life and breath to everything, and he satisfies every need.” (NLT)
Hebrews 11:6, “But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.” (NKJV)
Romans 8:28, “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.” (KJV)
Hebrews 11:1-2, “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. For by it the elders obtained a good testimony.” (NKJV)
Romans 10:17, “So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” (NKJV)
ASSESS & ACTIVATE
- Does God need our faith to motivate Him? If not, what moves God? (Romans 5:8, John 3:16)
- Faith is our connection to what God has already done and what He is doing now. Write down some things that God has done in the past as well as what He is currently doing. Choose to align your faith with the God who is already working on your behalf.
- What is the simple definition of co-laboring given in this episode? How can you apply this truth to your life?
- Is our faith effective if we perceive God wrongly? Why or why not?
- Write down the things that God needs from you (reference Acts 17:24-25). Why is this truth important in understanding our relationship with God through faith?
- Why does faith empower our relational connection with God?
- How has this episode challenged belief about faith?
Father, in Your name I pray that the eyes of my understanding will be enlightened and that my heart would be open to receive the unfolding of your Word. Help me to see that You are working on my behalf, even if I don’t see it right now. Father, increase my faith by revealing Yourself to me. Teach me to align my reality with Your reality. I ask that you bless me and extend the borders of my understanding so that I may perceive correctly who You truly are–a good Father watching over Your child.
BUILD MY LIFE
by PASSION FT. Brett Younker
HERE AS IN HEAVEN
by ELEVATION WORSHIP
GOODNESS OF GOD
BY JENN JOHNSON
APPLE PODCASTS | GOOGLE PODCASTS | SPOTIFY | BREAKER | POCKET CASTS | RADIOPUBLIC | OVERCAST | STITCHER | RSS