EP04: WALKING WITH WISDOM
Proverbs 9:10, “The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.” (NKJV)
Proverbs 4:7, “Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom. And in all your getting, get understanding.” (NKJV)
Proverbs 15:2, “The tongue of the wise uses knowledge rightly, but the mouth of fools pours forth foolishness.” (NKJV)
Proverbs 2:2, “Tune your ears to wisdom, and concentrate on understanding.” (NLT)
John 10:27, “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:” (KJV)
Colossians 2:2-3, “I want them to be encouraged and knit together by strong ties of love. I want them to have complete confidence that they understand God’s mysterious plan, which is Christ himself. In him lie hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.” (NLT)
ASSESS & ACTIVATE
- Write down the meanings given for knowledge, understanding, and wisdom.
- Explain how knowledge, understanding, and wisdom work together.
- Is there an area in your life where you are lacking one of the elements of walking in wisdom? If so, ask the Holy Spirit to reveal which one you are missing and then listen for His leading on how to grow in what you are lacking.
- Is there a situation where you have been functioning with the wrong tension? If so, ask the Holy Spirit how you can find His pitch for your circumstance.
- Ear training is a skill by which musicians learn to identify–solely by hearing– pitches, intervals, melody, chords, rhythms, and other basic elements of music. How can we as believers tune our ear to wisdom? *Hint: John 10:27, “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:” (KJV)
- According to Colossians 1:3, who has all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge hidden in them?
Jesus, in You are all the treasures of wisdom, knowledge, and understanding. Lord, I thank You for placing me on a journey that demands Your participation. Right now I choose to pursue after You in my situation. You not only have the answers, You are the answer. Father, I place my attention on You and incline my ear to Your voice. Lead me, guide me, and direct me in all Your truth. I completely trust Your wisdom for my circumstance. Amen.
LEANING ON YOU, JESUS
by Christy Nockels
I will follow
by Chris Tomlin
by JESUS CULTURE FT. KIM WALKER-SMITH