Ep03: Success with Less Effort
James 1:5 declares, “If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking” (NLT)
Ecclesiastes 10:10, “If the axe is dull and he does not sharpen its edge, then he must exert more strength; but wisdom [to sharpen the axe] helps him succeed [with less effort].” (AMP)
Proverbs 2:6, “For the Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.” (NIV)
James 3:17, “But the wisdom from above is first of all pure. It is also peace loving, gentle at all times, and willing to yield to others. It is full of mercy and the fruit of good deeds. It shows no favoritism and is always sincere.” (NLT)
Proverbs 19:8, “To acquire wisdom is to love yourself; people who cherish understanding will prosper.” (NLT)
ASSESS & ACTIVATE
- Do you ever feel like you are doing the right thing but you’ve lost your effectiveness in it? Could it be time to sharpen your axe? Take a moment to think on this and write down any areas of your life where you are working, but not seeing the fruit of your labor as you would like.
- Has your passion for something ever clouded your ability to receive wisdom in that area? Stop and take a moment to inquire of the Lord on this. Give your passion to Him and ask for His wisdom to guide that passion. Ask Him to open your eyes to see solutions and strategies from Him that will sharpen your effectiveness and fulfillment.
- According to this episode, what is the reason for being worn out (burnout)?
- What are some of the benefits of partnering our passion with His wisdom?
- Revisit the areas you wrote down in question #1. Instead of becoming frustrated or discouraged in these things, let’s take them to the Lord who gives liberally and without reproach and ask for His wisdom in these situations. Be sure to write down anything He imparts to you.
Father God, I thank You for Your great wisdom! Your wisdom is above all other. Your Word declares that if we need wisdom to ask and You will give it to us without rebuke. So Father I ask You for Your undefeated wisdom. You are not stingy. You are a generous God and Your desire is to give good things to Your children. Right now I open myself up to hear Your heartbeat for my situation. Thank You for Your victorious solution! Amen.Pray the prayer included with this devotional. Now listen to the Holy Spirit and write down what He imparts.
by Shane & Shane
God I look to you
by bethel music
YOU ARE MY VISION
by REND COLLECTIVE