Ep02: The Enemy of Confidence
John 10:10, “ The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.” (NIV)
James 4:7, “Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.” (NKJV)
Psalms 71:1, “In You, O Lord, I put my trust; Let me never be put to shame.” (NKJV)
Psalms 71:1, “In thee, O Lord, do I put my trust: let me never be put to confusion.” (KJV)
1 Corinthians 14:33, “For God is not the author of confusion but of peace, as in all the churches of the saints.” (NKJV)
Psalm 37:5, “Commit your way to the LORD, Trust also in Him, And He shall bring it to pass.” (NKJV)
Proverbs 16:9, “The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps.” (ESV)
ASSESS & ACTIVATE
- How can confusion stifle your confidence?
- What are some ways that you can identify when you are dealing with a spirit of confusion rather than a feeling of confusion?
- How is shame manifested through confusion?
- Name three areas in your life where you can establish Heaven’s order. Now, ask the Holy Spirit to give you wisdom on how to implement these things. (Write down the strategy.)
- You must be willing to step off of the boat in order for your feet to be established. Name one desire that has been in your heart to do, but you have failed to do because you’re waiting on things to be established before you make your first step.
- What does it mean to be more than a conqueror? Name two circumstances where your faith needs to arise like a conqueror.
- If you would like more information on confronting shame in your life, check out the book, “Double Honor: Uprooting Shame in Your Life” by Dr. Melodye Hilton.
Father, I know that my confidence can only be established in Your Word. Give me eyes to see and ears to hear what you are saying so that I will align my thoughts with Yours. I ask You to forgive me for when I have listened to the lies of shame, which lead me to a place of confusion. I choose to fix my eyes on You. I know that You are not the author of confusion, but of peace. I receive Your peace right now. I fully commit myself to Your will and way. I can trust in You!