Psalm 103:1, “Bless the Lord, O my soul; And all that is within me, bless His holy name!” (NKJV)
2 Corinthians 4: 7, “But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us.” (NKJV)
2 Timothy 2:21, “Therefore if anyone cleanses himself from the latter, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified and useful for the Master, prepared for every good work.” (NKJV)
Luke 6:45, “A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of.” (NIV)
Proverbs 4:23, “Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.” (NIV)
Ephesians 4:27, “…and do not give the devil a foothold.” (NIV)
Ephesians 4:29-32, “Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.” (NKJV)
- How has this devotional challenged the way you think about worshiping God with all that is within you?
- The greatest authority we will ever possess is the power to command ourselves. In your own words, what does it mean to take charge over your vessel?
- Why is it important when you are stewarding your vessel to understand that every behavior, attitude, and action has a source?
- Write down a few ways that you can remove the enemy’s foothold (open door) in your life? (Ephesians 4:27)
- Why are the contents of our vessel an act of worship?
Proverbs 4:23, “Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.”
Take some time and evaluate the condition of your vessel. Is it healthy? Pinpoint any point of access where you are allowing a foothold to the enemy. Take the authority you have and restrict his access. Understand that guarding your heart does not mean to close it off. Now, ask Holy Spirit to reveal avenues of life that you can open yourself up to. With His guiding empowerment you are now on the road to a sanctified and healthy vessel.
by Matt Redman
I WILL BLESS
by NATHEN WALKER
BY HILLSONG WORSHIP