Ephesians 5:15-16, “So be very careful how you live, not being like those with no understanding, but live honorably with true wisdom, for we are living in evil times. Take full advantage of every day as you spend your life for his purposes.” (TPT)
Hebrews 12:1-2, “Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.” (NIV)
2 Corinthians 2:11, “…lest Satan should take advantage of us; for we are not ignorant of his devices.” (NKJV)
James 4:7, “Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.” (KJV)
- What does it look like for you to take full advantage of every opportunity and seize your moment?
- Why do you think distractions are an obstacle to seizing your moment?
- What has our attention holds our greatest perceived value. How has this truth challenged you to view your circumstances differently?
- Is your attention a form of worship? Why or why not?
- Why must you accurately assess your circumstances if you are going to seize your moment?
- James 4:7 , “Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.” (KJV) Explain why the order of this verse is necessary to follow for you to receive the desired outcome of it?
Have you been giving the distractions in your life too much attention? Take time with the Lord this week to assess your circumstances. Press into His perspective and allow His truth to penetrate your heart and mind. Make sure you stay engaged with His presence so that a lasting perspective recalibration can take place.
FIX MY EYES
by FOR KING AND COUNTRY
FOREVER I RUN
by ELEVATION WORSHIP
MY HANDS ARE OPEN
BY BETHEL MUSIC