John 13:33, “These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.” (NKJV)
Romans 8:37, “Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.” (NKJV)
James 1:2-3, “My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience.” (NKJV)
Hebrews 12:2, “Looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.” (NKJV)
ASSESS & ACTIVATE
- Explain the connection between the circumstances we face and our attitude.
- Why does our perception of Christ affect our attitude towards our circumstances?
- What is fidelity and why do we produce it when our faith is tested?
- Why did Jesus endure the cross? What is the connection between Hebrews 12:2 and James 1:2-3?
- Why is joy prophetic in nature?
- When joy is revealed, you will be able to rightly discern your circumstance. Take some time with the Lord and ask Him to open your eyes to see the joy set before you. Write those things down and rehearse them throughout the week, especially when you are feeling overwhelmed by your circumstances.
JOY OF THE LORD
by REND COLLECTIVE
BY MATT REDMAN
NO ONE EVER CARED FOR ME LIKE JESUS
BY STEFFANY GRETZINGER