Hebrews 11:1-2, “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. For by it the elders obtained a good testimony.” (NKJV)
Romans 10:10, “For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.” (NKJV)
Luke 6:45, “A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of.” (NIV)
John 14:1, “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me.” (NKJV)
Mark 11:24, “For this reason I am telling you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe (trust and be confident) that it is granted to you, and you will [get it].” (AMP)
1 Thessalonians 5:8, “But let us who are of the day be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet the hope of salvation.” (NKJV)
Romans 12:2, “Stop imitating the ideals and opinions of the culture around you but be inwardly transformed by the Holy Spirit through a total reformation of how you think. This will empower you to discern God’s will as you live a beautiful life, satisfying and perfect in his eyes.” (TPT)
ASSESS & ACTIVATE
- How are faith and believing interrelated? Why is it that you can’t have one without the other?
- Why is a mental agreement alone not Biblical faith?
- What does it mean to believe into God?
- The heart is where our beliefs are formed and our beliefs are the motivation for our actions. Why does it take faith in the heart to renew the mind?
- Hebrews 11:1 says, “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” (NKJV) What makes our hope for the future valid and reliable?
- Explain how faith and hope work together to protect us? (1 Thessalonians 5:8)
Father, I believe that Your Word is eternal and does not change. When You send forth Your Word, it always produces fruit. I can rest assured that Your Word will accomplish all that You want it to and it will prosper everywhere You send it. Holy Spirit, teach me to agree with Your Word on a heart level. Take the things that I have learned and establish them in my heart. Father, I not only want to believe in Your Word, but I choose to make the change to believe into your Word. I want Your Word to change me from the inside out.
WHATEVER YOU WANT
by GATEWAY WORSHIP
HAVE IT ALL
by Bethel music
BY HILLSONG WORSHIP