Ep01: Living Confidently
Romans 1:16, “For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.” (NKJV)
Romans 1:17, “This gospel unveils a continual revelation of God’s righteousness—a perfect righteousness given to us when we believe. And it moves us from receiving life through faith, to the power of living by faith.” (TPT)
Philippians 1:6, “I am convinced and confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will [continue to] perfect and complete it until the day of Christ Jesus [the time of His return].” (AMP)
Hebrews 4:16, “Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.” (NIV)
Romans 8:37, “Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.” (NKJV)
ASSESS & ACTIVATE
- Confidence means the state of being certain, assured, or convinced. Write down 5 things in which you have complete confidence.
- When you look at the life of David, his confidence was birthed out of his relational experience with the Lord. Write down and meditate on some past victories you have had with the Lord.
1 Samuel 17:36-37, “Your servant has killed both the lion and the bear; this uncircumcised Philistine will be like one of them, because he has defied the armies of the living God. The Lord who rescued me from the paw of the lion and the paw of the bear will rescue me from the hand of this Philistine.” (NIV)
- Are there times when you struggle with confidence? If so, why do you think that is and how can you find the strength to confront your lack of confidence?
- According to this podcast, how are faith and confidence developed? (Romans 1:17)
- The confidence of the believer is not only established by our faith in what God has already done, but also in what He promised He would do in and through us. Ask the Holy Spirit if there are places in your life where you have accepted defeat rather than trusting Him to finish what He has promised.
- What does it mean to be more than a conqueror? Name two circumstances where your faith needs to arise like a conqueror.
Father, I believe that Your Word is true. You cannot lie. I have full assurance that what You have spoken over me will come to pass. I can rely on Your love. Father, forgive me for any time when I have placed my trust in the things I could see instead of Your truth. I know that You are my only firm foundation. I decree faith to arise as I lean into Your voice. I know wherever You lead me I am certain that I will have a surpassing victory.
APPLE PODCASTS | GOOGLE PODCASTS | SPOTIFY | BREAKER | POCKET CASTS | RADIOPUBLIC | OVERCAST | STITCHER | RSS